- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)31
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Maevers - 60 Years
Mr. and Mrs. Walter Maevers of Cape Girardeau celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary with a reception April 30, 2011, at Cape Girardeau Elks Lodge.
Hosts were their children and spouses, Curtis and Duana Maevers of Jackson, and Karen and Ron Cotner of Cape Girardeau.
Maevers and Betty Kain were married April 23, 1951, in Piggott, Ark. Their attendants were Wanda and Raymond Davidson.
The couple has four grandchildren, Kyle (Jennifer) Maevers, Matt (Jessica) Cotner, Danielle Cotner, and Derick Whitledge; and a great-granddaughter, Audrey Maevers.