- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Woman may lose foot after being hit by moped (5/24/17)
- Mississippi County sheriff fights efforts in court to remove him from office (5/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
- Police apprehend Charleston man they say hit Cape woman with car (5/24/17)
- Illinois Trail of Tears site where Cherokee buried named to National Historic Register (5/24/17)
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
Central Athletic Hall of Fame seeks nominations
Cape Central High School is seeking nominations for its Athletic Hall of Fame. Coach Terry Kitchen, Hall of Fame organizer, said nominations must include a letter explaining why a Cape Central graduate is worthy of induction. He said information such as All-Conference, All-State and years the student lettered in sports is needed. Other supporting information, both athletic and academic, would be helpful. "Some of our grads went on to college and received recognition there," Coach Kitchen said. "That sort of information would be helpful, too"
Nominations should be sent to Coach Terry Kitchen at Cape Central Junior High School, 205 Caruthers, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701, or e-mailed to KitchenT@CapeTigers.com. Coach Kitchen can be reached at 573-651-6246 or 573-334-2923. The deadline for nominations is June 15.