- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)21
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Central Athletic Hall of Fame seeks nominations
Cape Central High School is seeking nominations for its Athletic Hall of Fame. Coach Terry Kitchen, Hall of Fame organizer, said nominations must include a letter explaining why a Cape Central graduate is worthy of induction. He said information such as All-Conference, All-State and years the student lettered in sports is needed. Other supporting information, both athletic and academic, would be helpful. "Some of our grads went on to college and received recognition there," Coach Kitchen said. "That sort of information would be helpful, too"
Nominations should be sent to Coach Terry Kitchen at Cape Central Junior High School, 205 Caruthers, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701, or e-mailed to KitchenT@CapeTigers.com. Coach Kitchen can be reached at 573-651-6246 or 573-334-2923. The deadline for nominations is June 15.