- Business notebook: Cape salon picked as one of nation's top 200 (4/17/17)
- Man out on bond for alleged molestation of boys charged with abusing girl (4/18/17)
- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)9
- New policy for semissourian.com online commentary: No pseudonyms (4/17/17)57
- Without city record, Marie Street residents on hook for thousands in sewer repairs (4/19/17)7
- Going the distance: Several locals participate in Boston Marathon (4/18/17)2
- City wants to put hold on shipping container houses for now (4/17/17)1
- Deputy: Man kicked, broke uncle's ribs after yard-work dispute (4/19/17)
- Cape councilman Bob Fox to run for mayor (4/21/17)4
- Scott County: M Kay Supply in Benton fills unique needs in community (4/14/17)
Central Athletic Hall of Fame seeks nominations
Cape Central High School is seeking nominations for its Athletic Hall of Fame. Coach Terry Kitchen, Hall of Fame organizer, said nominations must include a letter explaining why a Cape Central graduate is worthy of induction. He said information such as All-Conference, All-State and years the student lettered in sports is needed. Other supporting information, both athletic and academic, would be helpful. "Some of our grads went on to college and received recognition there," Coach Kitchen said. "That sort of information would be helpful, too"
Nominations should be sent to Coach Terry Kitchen at Cape Central Junior High School, 205 Caruthers, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701, or e-mailed to KitchenT@CapeTigers.com. Coach Kitchen can be reached at 573-651-6246 or 573-334-2923. The deadline for nominations is June 15.