- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)7
- Japanese restaurant up and running; owner surprised by fondness of sushi here (2/24/17)1
- SoutheastHEALTH, Washington University School of Medicine announce collaboration (2/24/17)21
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)48
- City issues precautionary boil order near Arena Park (2/23/17)
- Annual father-daughter dance provides some fun bonding time (2/19/17)1
- $22M bond issue would alter Jackson schools (2/22/17)13
- Former KFVS12 reporter talks about recovery from eating disorder (2/23/17)11
Central Athletic Hall of Fame seeks nominations
Cape Central High School is seeking nominations for its Athletic Hall of Fame. Coach Terry Kitchen, Hall of Fame organizer, said nominations must include a letter explaining why a Cape Central graduate is worthy of induction. He said information such as All-Conference, All-State and years the student lettered in sports is needed. Other supporting information, both athletic and academic, would be helpful. "Some of our grads went on to college and received recognition there," Coach Kitchen said. "That sort of information would be helpful, too"
Nominations should be sent to Coach Terry Kitchen at Cape Central Junior High School, 205 Caruthers, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701, or e-mailed to KitchenT@CapeTigers.com. Coach Kitchen can be reached at 573-651-6246 or 573-334-2923. The deadline for nominations is June 15.