- Man accused of setting fire to Delta bar; posted photos of it burning on Facebook (9/17/17)5
- Owner of Mary Jane Burgers & Brew in Perryville to open new culinary concept in Cape (9/15/17)3
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- New boutique store advocates for special-needs people (9/19/17)
- Retailer may come to Jackson; rezoning needed first (9/17/17)2
- Planet Fitness to anchor Town Plaza shopping center (9/18/17)2
- Mo. conservation agents help fight fires in western U.S. (9/15/17)
- Jury finds Harris guilty of murder, 3 other counts (9/15/17)4
- Former major-league slugger Darryl Strawberry to speak at La Croix (9/20/17)
- Young entrepreneurs add fresh ideas, unique offerings for area market (9/18/17)
Central Athletic Hall of Fame seeks nominations
Cape Central High School is seeking nominations for its Athletic Hall of Fame. Coach Terry Kitchen, Hall of Fame organizer, said nominations must include a letter explaining why a Cape Central graduate is worthy of induction. He said information such as All-Conference, All-State and years the student lettered in sports is needed. Other supporting information, both athletic and academic, would be helpful. "Some of our grads went on to college and received recognition there," Coach Kitchen said. "That sort of information would be helpful, too"
Nominations should be sent to Coach Terry Kitchen at Cape Central Junior High School, 205 Caruthers, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701, or e-mailed to KitchenT@CapeTigers.com. Coach Kitchen can be reached at 573-651-6246 or 573-334-2923. The deadline for nominations is June 15.