- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Sikeston man injured when train strikes tractor
SIKESTON, Mo. -- A Sikeston man received serious injuries after the tractor he was driving was struck by a train Saturday in Sikeston.
The accident reportedly occurred Saturday afternoon as a Sikeston man operating a tractor crossed the railroad tracks behind Sikeston Walmart and was struck by a moving Burlington-Northern Santa Fe train. The driver of the tractor was ejected from the tractor and taken to a Cape Girardeau hospital. He was later transferred to a hospital in St. Louis.
At 4:11 p.m. Saturday Burlington-Northern ordered all traffic stopped on the railroad tracks in Sikeston, according to Sikeston Department of Public Safety incident reports.
No further information was available at press time.