- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/01/16)
Area digest 5/22/11
Gold cards first career ace
Jackson's Aaron Gold used a 9-iron to record a hole-in-one on hole No. 4 at Kimbeland Country Club.
The hole was playing 138 yards.
Doug Sievers witnessed the shot.
Jones scores hole-in-one
Cape Girardeau's Dixie Jones used an 8-iron to card an ace on hole No. 4 at Kimbeland Country Club.
The hole was playing 118 yards.
Harriet Drusch and Barb Johnson witnessed the shot.
It was Jones' first career hole-in-one.
Grady, Schreckenberg team for win
Randy Grady and Carolyn Schreckenberg combined to win the SEMO Horseshoe Association's tournament at the Backyard Club.
Danny Williams and Lachelle Cook placed second, while Ron LeGrand and Virgil Schreckenberg took third.
-- From staff reports