- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Margaret A Crites, 86, of Cape Girardeau died Friday, May 20, 2011, at Fountainbleau Lodge.
She was born May 24, 1924, in Scott City, to Burette and Mamie Zimmerman Cook.
She and James R. Crites were married June 15, 1944, at Cape Girardeau. They both enjoyed traveling around the world. He died March 31, 1987
Margaret was very active in her Ladies Sorority in Cape Girardeau. She was a member of Kage FCE Club, attended the Cape Girardeau Senior Citizen Center and volunteered at the American Red Cross.
She was a member of Lynwood Baptist Church.
Survivors include her grandson, Scott Smith of Cordova, Tenn.; and great-grandsons Justin and Joshua Smith.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband; and a daughter, Janey Harrison, on March 16, 1993.
Visitation will be from 1 to 2 p.m. Monday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Chapel.
Graveside services will be at 2 p.m. Monday at Lorimier Cemetery, with the Rev. Mark Anderson officiating.
Memorials may be given to Lynwood Baptist Church.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.