- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
POCAHONTAS, Ark. -- Jim Baltz, 76, of Pocahontas passed away Wednesday, May 4, 2011, at St. Bernards Medical Center.
He was born Sept. 8, 1934, in Pocahontas, to John and Gaye Baltz.
He was preceded in death by two sisters, Bernadette Lemmon and Helen Cox.
Survivors include his wife of 52 years, Sara Baltz of the home; two daughters, Beth (John) Throesch of Pocahontas, Debbie (Greg) Rowland of Springfield, Mo.; a son, Jeff Baltz of Memphis, Tenn.; five grandchildren, Michael and Haley Throesch of Pocahontas, Meagan (Joey) McCullah of Wheaton, Mo., Sarah and Lauren Rowland of Springfield; three sisters, Sarah (David) Hotzel and Loretta (Ken) Scribner of Shawnee Mission, Kan., and Suzanne (Jim) Koterski of Chadds Ford, Pa.
Baltz was a past president of Chamber of Commerce and Kiwanis, member of Knights of Columbus, lifelong member of St. Paul Catholic Church and an avid golfer.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to St. Paul Trust Fund, Muscular Dystrophy Society, or charity of choice.
The funeral was held May 7 at St. Paul Catholic Church, with the Rev. John Marconi officiating. Burial was in St. Paul Cemetery.
Pallbearers were Jerry Lindsey, Mick Warden, A.J. Baltz Jr., Robert Sorg, Larry Weick and Pink Baltz.
McNabb Funeral Home in Pocahontas was in charge of arrangements.