- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Robert James Rantz, 76, of Millersville died Sunday, May 15, 2011, at Monticello House in Jackson.
He was born Nov. 8, 1934, in St. Louis, to Michael August and Matilda Marie Folger Rantz. He was married to Sharon L. Disano May 14, 1960.
Robert served in the U.S. Army from 1956 to 1958.
He was a binder at Becktold Book Binding in St. Louis 37 years. He was a member of Immaculate Conception Catholic Church in Jackson.
He is survived by his wife, Sharon Rantz of Millersville; two sons, Robert James (Susan) Rantz II of Millersville, Michael Vincent Rantz of Modus, Conn.; three daughters, Barbara Ann Alyard of Ogden, Md., Sherrie Marie Rantz of St. Louis, Bernadette Mary Rantz of Modus; five grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by four brothers and a sister.
A memorial Mass will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday at Immaculate Conception Church, with Monsignor William Stanton officiating.
Cracraft-Miller Funeral Home in Jackson is in charge of arrangements.