- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Jackson teen dies after Thursday accident
A Jackson teenager is dead following a Thursday night crash in Cape Girardeau.
Cape Girardeau County Coroner John Clifton said Cecily McAdams, 18, of Jackson died after a one-vehicle crash on County Road 621 that left two others injured.
Erik A. Faile, 21, of Belleville, Ill., received serious injuries in the accident and Chelsea R. Hernandez, 18, also of Belleville, had moderate injuries, according to the Missouri State Highway Patrol.
All three were wearing their seat belts.
The crash happened when the vehicle McAdams was driving lost control, ran off the road and struck numerous trees. All three were taken by ambulance to Saint Francis Medical Center, where McAdams was pronounced dead at 7:40 p.m.
All three had to be extricated from the vehicle.
McAdams left behind a daughter, and had been accepted to attend the University of Missouri-Columbia in the fall.
Visitation will be from 2 to 5 p.m. today at Crain Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau. Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with burial at Cape County Memorial Park.