- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)31
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
FROHNA, Mo. -- James Rodney Givens, 76, of Frohna died Monday, May 16, 2011, at his home.
Known to many as "Jim" or "Rod," he was born May 26, 1934, in Allenville to Martha Jane Morrison and Edward W. Givens. He and Charlotte Marrs were married Nov. 14, 1957.
He graduated from Delta High School in 1951.
Givens was a private first class in the U.S. Army during the Korean War.
He worked 28 years at Lever Brothers in St. Louis before retiring in 1989. He was a member of American Legion.
Beloved husband of Charlotte Givens; devoted father to Kimberly (Michael) Murphy; grandfather to Matthew and Kelly Murphy, all of Kirkwood, Mo.; dear brother-in-law to Phyllis (Robert) Preis of Aurora, Colo; dear uncle; great-uncle; great-great-uncle; and friend.
He was preceded in death by a son, Mark Givens, and 11 siblings.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Friday and 8 a.m. to time of service Saturday at Miller Family Funeral Home in Perryville.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with Don Estes officiating.
Burial will be in Kenyon Cemetery with graveside military honors.
Memorials are preferred to Southeast Hospice or charity of choice.