- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)3
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)5
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)16
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)25
Unemployment Assistance Available for Flood Victims
JEFFERSON CITY -- Senator Jason Crowell, R-Cape Girardeau, encourages residents in Southeast Missouri who are unable to work because of flooding and heavy rains to apply for unemployment benefits through the Missouri Department of Labors' Division of Employment Security. The president declared areas of Southeast Missouri a major disaster area, opening the door for state and federal aid for the communities affected.
Residents in Mississippi County and New Madrid counties, could be eligible for the Disaster Unemployment Assistance (DUA).
Eligible to apply for DUA are individuals who:
|*||Can no longer work or perform services because of physical damage or destruction to the place of employment as a direct result of a disaster.|
|*||Cannot perform work or self-employment because of an injury caused as a direct result of the disaster.|
|*||Became the breadwinner or major supporter of a household because of the death of the head of the household.|
|*||Cannot work or perform self-employment due to closure of a facility by the federal government.|
Additional eligibility requirements apply. More information on who may be eligible for assistance is available by calling (800) 788-4002 or by visiting www.labor.mo.gov/DES/notices.asp#5counti... . To file a DUA claim, call 800-320-2519 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. from Monday to Friday.