- Author of Waller's manuscript rewarded for helping feds (1/13/18)
- Police: Man dies from self-inflicted gunshot after standoff in south Cape (1/14/18)3
- Here's what's being built next to Chick-fil-A in Cape (1/18/18)1
- Word to your superintendent: Glass rocks Vanilla Ice parody to announce cancellation (1/13/18)3
- Jackson Area Chamber of Commerce recognizes commitment to community at annual awards banquet (1/13/18)
- Church, businesses set up pop-up homeless shelter as winter storm approaches (1/12/18)1
- City of Oran water rates violate state law, auditors find; report details financial-management problems (1/13/18)2
- Poultry in motion: 4-H participants take first in nation with barbecue skills (1/13/18)1
- Cape man wins Scratchers lottery top prize (1/12/18)
- 3 mayor candidates in Scott City; former mayor Porch files for council seat (1/18/18)
Pannier and Williams are Central Athletes of Year
Chelsea Pannier and Andrew Williams were named female and male athletes of the Year during the Cape Central High School Athletic Awards Banquet May 5 at Centenary United Methodist Church. The event was sponsored by the Cape Central All School Booster Club. Chelsea Pannier received the Darla Pannier Award for Female Athlete of the Year. Andrew Williams received The Lou Muegge Award for Male Athlete of the Year. Chelsea was a two-sport star in volleyball and basketball. Andrew was a three-sport standout in football, basketball and baseball and a varsity letterman all four years in football, where he scored 30 touchdowns and 3 extra points in all phases of the game. In basketball, he averaged 13 points per game on the District Championship Team, and in baseball he played on the 2010 All- Conference 1st Team.
In 2010 Chelsea played volleyball on the All-Conference Team, the 1st Team All-District, 1st Team All-Region, was BA All-Star Team member and 2010 Team MVP. She was a 4 year starter on the varsity basketball team and scored 938 total points, placing her in the top 15 in scoring at Cape Central.