- Compliance check results in underage citations at four Cape bars (7/19/17)1
- Former Sikeston DPS director denies knowing about allegations against detective (7/20/17)1
- 49-year-old homicide victim found in Cape (7/20/17)
- Buffalo Wild Wings to hold fundraiser Wednesday for ailing Cape officer (7/19/17)1
- Isle Casino to host wide-ranging career fair Wednesday (7/16/17)
- At least one Perryville cop disciplined for misconduct (7/20/17)1
- Sikeston detective's files about murder suspect missing from DPS (7/18/17)1
- More details emerge in Perryville police-misconduct case (7/21/17)
- Witnesses make claims of officer corruption in Box/Robinson case (7/17/17)1
Pannier and Williams are Central Athletes of Year
Chelsea Pannier and Andrew Williams were named female and male athletes of the Year during the Cape Central High School Athletic Awards Banquet May 5 at Centenary United Methodist Church. The event was sponsored by the Cape Central All School Booster Club. Chelsea Pannier received the Darla Pannier Award for Female Athlete of the Year. Andrew Williams received The Lou Muegge Award for Male Athlete of the Year. Chelsea was a two-sport star in volleyball and basketball. Andrew was a three-sport standout in football, basketball and baseball and a varsity letterman all four years in football, where he scored 30 touchdowns and 3 extra points in all phases of the game. In basketball, he averaged 13 points per game on the District Championship Team, and in baseball he played on the 2010 All- Conference 1st Team.
In 2010 Chelsea played volleyball on the All-Conference Team, the 1st Team All-District, 1st Team All-Region, was BA All-Star Team member and 2010 Team MVP. She was a 4 year starter on the varsity basketball team and scored 938 total points, placing her in the top 15 in scoring at Cape Central.