- Author of Waller's manuscript rewarded for helping feds (1/13/18)
- Police: Man dies from self-inflicted gunshot after standoff in south Cape (1/14/18)3
- MCA calls for protection of those found not guilty of animal abuse (1/10/18)2
- Scaling up: Long John Silver's adding an A&W (1/10/18)3
- Word to your superintendent: Glass rocks Vanilla Ice parody to announce cancellation (1/13/18)3
- Southeast to cut workforce to meet budget needs caused by state cuts (1/10/18)7
- Jackson Area Chamber of Commerce recognizes commitment to community at annual awards banquet (1/13/18)
- Church, businesses set up pop-up homeless shelter as winter storm approaches (1/12/18)1
- Plaintiffs' attorney wants jury to see basement steps at Cape courthouse (1/10/18)
- City of Oran water rates violate state law, auditors find; report details financial-management problems (1/13/18)2
Kaylee Boston to play softball at SIC
The Southeastern Illinois College Softball program has added a major piece in their rebuilding program with the signing of Shawnee High School two sport standout Kaylee Boston to a softball scholarship. Boston has been a 4 year Varsity starter for the Lady Reds in both sports and Southeastern's head Coach, Ross Hill, said he expected Kaylee to help the Falcon program immediately in the 2012 season. Kaylee is very athletic and knows the game well. She is a leader and has the versatility to play anywhere on the infield and brings a solid bat to the Falcon lineup. Kaylee is the daughter of Kevin and Sandy Boston and granddaughter of Bob and Clara Tucker. At Shawnee HS her batting average over 4 years has been .520 with 13 homeruns as well as averaged 16.9 points and 9 rebounds on the basketball court. Kaylee ended her high school basketball career with 1,314 total points and 676 rebounds. Other honors include First Team-South Egyptian Conference, Softball 4 yrs, Basketball 2 yrs. All South Illinois IA Team Softball I yr, Basketball 2 yrs, Illinois Basketball Services Honorable Mention Team, Illinois High School Sports Network Honorable Mention both IA and 2A Teams. She was named MVP at the Meridian Invitational Tournament and selected for the All Conference Tournament team 2 years. Kaylee was selected to play on the Senior All-Star high school basketball team held at Rend Lake College. Her GPA average in High School was 3.95/4.00.
Kaylee started her athletic career in Cape Girardeau starting with T-Ball and playing thru the freshman division for a variety of coach's. While playing with the city league she also began playing on various travel teams. Kaylee played with Rippers, out of Marion, IL coached by Ron Darosa, Holcomb Hurricanes, Anna, IL, coached by Rob Wright and back to Missouri to play with Heartland Pride and Heartland Travelers. coached by Ben Proffer, Daryl McNeely, and Terry McClard. Kaylee was asked to play 3 consecutive years at the St. Louis Missouri College Exposure Tournament.
Kaylee is looking forward to starting her college career this fall.