- Compliance check results in underage citations at four Cape bars (7/19/17)1
- Former Sikeston DPS director denies knowing about allegations against detective (7/20/17)1
- 49-year-old homicide victim found in Cape (7/20/17)
- Isle Casino to host wide-ranging career fair Wednesday (7/16/17)
- Lying police? Missing files, lost evidence: Newspaper investigation reveals glaring details in David Robinson case (7/16/17)2
- Buffalo Wild Wings to hold fundraiser Wednesday for ailing Cape officer (7/19/17)1
- At least one Perryville cop disciplined for misconduct (7/20/17)1
- Sikeston detective's files about murder suspect missing from DPS (7/18/17)1
- Witnesses make claims of officer corruption in Box/Robinson case (7/17/17)1
- Business notebook: Jackson boutique has regional roots in retail (7/17/17)
Kaylee Boston to play softball at SIC
The Southeastern Illinois College Softball program has added a major piece in their rebuilding program with the signing of Shawnee High School two sport standout Kaylee Boston to a softball scholarship. Boston has been a 4 year Varsity starter for the Lady Reds in both sports and Southeastern's head Coach, Ross Hill, said he expected Kaylee to help the Falcon program immediately in the 2012 season. Kaylee is very athletic and knows the game well. She is a leader and has the versatility to play anywhere on the infield and brings a solid bat to the Falcon lineup. Kaylee is the daughter of Kevin and Sandy Boston and granddaughter of Bob and Clara Tucker. At Shawnee HS her batting average over 4 years has been .520 with 13 homeruns as well as averaged 16.9 points and 9 rebounds on the basketball court. Kaylee ended her high school basketball career with 1,314 total points and 676 rebounds. Other honors include First Team-South Egyptian Conference, Softball 4 yrs, Basketball 2 yrs. All South Illinois IA Team Softball I yr, Basketball 2 yrs, Illinois Basketball Services Honorable Mention Team, Illinois High School Sports Network Honorable Mention both IA and 2A Teams. She was named MVP at the Meridian Invitational Tournament and selected for the All Conference Tournament team 2 years. Kaylee was selected to play on the Senior All-Star high school basketball team held at Rend Lake College. Her GPA average in High School was 3.95/4.00.
Kaylee started her athletic career in Cape Girardeau starting with T-Ball and playing thru the freshman division for a variety of coach's. While playing with the city league she also began playing on various travel teams. Kaylee played with Rippers, out of Marion, IL coached by Ron Darosa, Holcomb Hurricanes, Anna, IL, coached by Rob Wright and back to Missouri to play with Heartland Pride and Heartland Travelers. coached by Ben Proffer, Daryl McNeely, and Terry McClard. Kaylee was asked to play 3 consecutive years at the St. Louis Missouri College Exposure Tournament.
Kaylee is looking forward to starting her college career this fall.