- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
High school roundup: Central tennis duo drops Class 2 sectional match
The Central doubles team of Pablo Jaramillo and Sam Stahly fell short in its bid to make the Class 2 state tournament Tuesday.
The Central pair dropped its sectional match to Kirkwood's Andrew Morris and David Morris 6-4, 6-0.
Jaramillo and Stahly won the district title Monday to reach the sectional round.
Oak Ridge 10, Lesterville 5
Oak Ridge starter Kelby Brown was left with a bloody lip after his attempt to block the plate from a Lesterville runner attempting to score on a passed ball in the top of the fifth inning of the Class 1 District 3 semifinal.
The collision, according to Oak Ridge coach Patrick Friga, woke Brown and the rest of the top-seeded Oak Ridge, which rallied for the win.
"If he didn't get hit in the mouth, we don't win," Friga said with a laugh.
WP -- Brett Thomas, 7-0. LP -- Hill. HR -- Brett Thomas (O), Kelby Brown (O). 2B -- Jacob Light (O), Lucas Rohde (O), Harbisson (L). Multiple hits -- Oak Ridge: Jacob Light 2-3, Hunter Seyer 2-2, Lance Rohde 2-4, Lucas Rohde 2-4; Lesterville: Harbisson 2-3.
Seckman 3, Jackson 1
The third-seeded Jaguars ousted the top-seeded Indians in the semifinals.
Jackson ended its season at 15-2-1.
-- From staff reports