- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Erna Lina Amanda Schuessler, 94, of Perryville died Tuesday, May 17, 2011, at Perry Oaks Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
She was born at Point Rest, Mo., Aug. 11, 1916, daughter of Henry D. and Mary Stelling Hadler. She and Erwin E. Schuessler were married Sept. 25, 1938. He preceded her in death July 25, 1986.
Survivors include three daughters, Ruby (Cletus) Steffens of Farrar, Mo., Alvera (Wayne) DuBois and Dot Kiefer (friend Don Schwein) of Perryville; a son-in-law, Royal (Pauline) Mueller of Jackson; three brothers-in-law and four sisters-in-law, Hilmer (Neoma) Schuessler, Lorine Schuessler and Elsie Schuessler of Perryville, Lucille (Vernon) Schlichting of Wittenberg, Mo., Milton Kaempfe of St. Louis; 12 grandchildren; 22 great-grandchildren; eight great-stepgrandchildren; a great-great-granddaughter; and a great-great-stepgranddaughter.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband; a daughter, Marlene Mueller; a son, Delvin Schuessler; five brothers; five sisters; and a great-grandson.
Schuessler was a member of Salem Lutheran Church and Ladies Aid in Farrar and Immanuel LWML in Perryville. She loved to play cards and Rummikub.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday and from 6:30 to 8:15 a.m. Friday at Young and Sons Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Friday at Salem Lutheran Church, with the Rev. Roger Abernathy officiating.
Burial will be in the church cemetery.
Memorials are preferred to Saxony Lutheran High School in Jackson, United in Christ Lutheran School at Frohna, Mo., or Immanuel Lutheran School at Perryville.