- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Cape fines contractor $1,100 a day for street-project delays; contractor blames utility relocations (5/18/17)13
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Mississippi County sheriff fights efforts in court to remove him from office (5/21/17)4
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Attorney general seeks bond revocation for embattled sheriff (5/17/17)3
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
- Revival of Oran police board urged amid timecard fraud, nepotism allegations (5/17/17)4
Congrats to SEMO Food Bank
Congratulations to Karen Green and the Southeast Missouri Food Bank on being awarded the Tri-State Advertising and Marketing Professionals' Advertising for a Cause grant.
Your organization serves an outstanding mission. Feeding children, supporting them as they earn their education, building the brighter future of America. Hungry children do not thrive, cannot focus and learn, and will not deliver the educated workforce America needs to prosper. Here in America's breadbasket, it's a wonderful thing that the Southeast Missouri Food Bank provides nourishment that transitions children from hunger to an education, a job, and self-sufficiency.
Congratulate your colleagues for earning this wonderful honor. Good folks from Tri-State are coming to help you. Keep up the good work. What you do every day gives us hope we can believe in.
T. ROBIN COLE III, Jackson