- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)8
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Local students to perform with choir at inauguration (1/19/17)3
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
Congrats to SEMO Food Bank
Congratulations to Karen Green and the Southeast Missouri Food Bank on being awarded the Tri-State Advertising and Marketing Professionals' Advertising for a Cause grant.
Your organization serves an outstanding mission. Feeding children, supporting them as they earn their education, building the brighter future of America. Hungry children do not thrive, cannot focus and learn, and will not deliver the educated workforce America needs to prosper. Here in America's breadbasket, it's a wonderful thing that the Southeast Missouri Food Bank provides nourishment that transitions children from hunger to an education, a job, and self-sufficiency.
Congratulate your colleagues for earning this wonderful honor. Good folks from Tri-State are coming to help you. Keep up the good work. What you do every day gives us hope we can believe in.
T. ROBIN COLE III, Jackson