- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Cape man stabbed in head, arm after strip-club incident; skull fractured, police say (6/25/17)3
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)3
- Annual SEMO District Fair event lineup announced (6/23/17)1
- Oran town board fired officer before hiring him as police chief; city officials say they can't remember reason for firing (6/25/17)2
- Two charged in theft of jewelry from Cape storage facility (6/23/17)1
- Playing with fire (6/25/17)
- Judge denies request to revoke sheriff's bond (6/25/17)3
Congrats to SEMO Food Bank
Congratulations to Karen Green and the Southeast Missouri Food Bank on being awarded the Tri-State Advertising and Marketing Professionals' Advertising for a Cause grant.
Your organization serves an outstanding mission. Feeding children, supporting them as they earn their education, building the brighter future of America. Hungry children do not thrive, cannot focus and learn, and will not deliver the educated workforce America needs to prosper. Here in America's breadbasket, it's a wonderful thing that the Southeast Missouri Food Bank provides nourishment that transitions children from hunger to an education, a job, and self-sufficiency.
Congratulate your colleagues for earning this wonderful honor. Good folks from Tri-State are coming to help you. Keep up the good work. What you do every day gives us hope we can believe in.
T. ROBIN COLE III, Jackson