- Business notebook: Cape salon picked as one of nation's top 200 (4/17/17)
- Man out on bond for alleged molestation of boys charged with abusing girl (4/18/17)
- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)9
- New policy for semissourian.com online commentary: No pseudonyms (4/17/17)57
- Without city record, Marie Street residents on hook for thousands in sewer repairs (4/19/17)7
- Going the distance: Several locals participate in Boston Marathon (4/18/17)2
- City wants to put hold on shipping container houses for now (4/17/17)1
- Deputy: Man kicked, broke uncle's ribs after yard-work dispute (4/19/17)
- Cape councilman Bob Fox to run for mayor (4/21/17)5
- Scott County: M Kay Supply in Benton fills unique needs in community (4/14/17)
Congrats to SEMO Food Bank
Congratulations to Karen Green and the Southeast Missouri Food Bank on being awarded the Tri-State Advertising and Marketing Professionals' Advertising for a Cause grant.
Your organization serves an outstanding mission. Feeding children, supporting them as they earn their education, building the brighter future of America. Hungry children do not thrive, cannot focus and learn, and will not deliver the educated workforce America needs to prosper. Here in America's breadbasket, it's a wonderful thing that the Southeast Missouri Food Bank provides nourishment that transitions children from hunger to an education, a job, and self-sufficiency.
Congratulate your colleagues for earning this wonderful honor. Good folks from Tri-State are coming to help you. Keep up the good work. What you do every day gives us hope we can believe in.
T. ROBIN COLE III, Jackson