- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)4
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)11
- Witness says he saw man shoot Domorlo McCaster (8/19/16)2
- Southeast imposes 'interim suspension' of Sigma Nu fraternity over vandalism incident (8/19/16)21
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Pitmasters to descend on Arena Park for Cape BBQ Fest (8/19/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- Gender-neutral restrooms now available at Southeast (8/18/16)38
Victim says attacker threw baby out of window
CARUTHERSVILLE, Mo. -- A Caruthersville man faces several charges in Pemiscot County following a domestic assault and child abuse incident in which he allegedly attacked a woman and threw her baby out a window.
Caruthersville police chief Chris Riggs said officers responded to an apartment Monday, where a woman said a man later identified as Travis Sanchez Carter, 20, had broken a window to her home and come inside. Following the assault, Carter threw a baby in the home out a window, according to the victim.
Riggs said Carter fled the scene but was arrested following a short foot pursuit.
He was taken to the Pemiscot County Justice Center where he is being held on a $145,000 bond.
Police are seeking charges of second-degree domestic assault, child abuse, property damage and first-degree burglary.