- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Cape Girardeau City Council agenda 5/16/11
401 Independence St.
Study session, 5 p.m. today
Meeting, 7 p.m. today
* National Public Works Week proclamation
* National Preservation Month proclamation
* U.S. Wounded Soldiers Golf Tournament proclamation
* A public hearing regarding proposed changes to Chapter 26 Traffic, Section 26-251, of the code of ordinances in reference to parking vehicles for sale on city rights-of-way.
* A public hearing regarding the General Provisions Section of the Development Code.
* An ordinance repealing and enacting new sections of Chapter 25 of the code of ordinances regarding streets, access management, utilities, subdivisions, site plans and improvements plans. Second and third readings.
* An ordinance authorizing the mayor to execute a quitclaim deed to RAD Properties LLC, transferring excess right-of-way for Armstrong Drive. Second and third readings.
* An ordinance approving the record plat of Plaza Acres second subdivision. Second and third readings.
* An ordinance amending Schedule F of Section 26-247 of the city code, by establishing a no-parking zone on Independence Street from Frederick Street to Middle Street. Second and third readings.
* An ordinance granting a special-use permit to First Missouri State Bank of Cape County and Drury Southwest Signs Inc. for purposes of constructing, maintaining and operating a billboard sign at 800 N. Kingshighway. Second and third readings.
* An ordinance accepting fee simple interest from Saint Francis Medical Center and Saint Francis Health Care System for Franciscan Way entrance improvements at Mount Auburn Road. Second and third readings.
* An ordinance accepting fee simple interest, permanent utility easements and temporary construction easements from various property owners for the realignment of North Main Street. Second and third readings.
* An ordinance providing for the vacation of portions of Main Street, Mill Street and Mason Street rights-of-way within the IOC Development District. Second and third readings.
* A resolution authorizing the city manager to execute addendum 1 to amendment No. 1 to the General Services Agreement with RJN Group Inc. to provide engineering services for Phase I inflow and infiltration investigation. Reading and passage.
* A resolution authorizing the city manager to execute an agreement with Fronabarger Concreters Inc. for Bloomfield Road Phase IV improvements. Reading and passage.
* A resolution authorizing the city manager to execute a release of lien on property located at 412 S. Benton St. for the Jefferson/Bloomfield Neighborhood Restoration Program (HERO Project). Reading and passage.
* A resolution authorizing the city manager to execute an agreement with Drury Southwest Inc. for the development of a site for Menards Home Improvement Store, and other future developments. Reading and passage.
Items removed from consent agenda
* An ordinance amending Chapter 5 of the code of ordinances, regarding liquor licenses. Second and third readings.
* An ordinance amending Section 26-251 of Chapter 26 of the city code relating to parking. First reading.
* An ordinance amending Chapter 25 of the code of ordinances regarding variances. First reading.
* An ordinance amending Schedule F of Section 26-247 of the city code by establishing no-parking zones on various streets for bicycle lane striping. First reading.
* An ordinance approving the record plat of Broadview Estates. First reading.
* An ordinance accepting fee simple interest from Lora Lee Eaker for the property at 915 N. Main St. First reading.
* Appointments to the Historic Preservation Commission.
* Appointment to the Board of Appeals.