- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)4
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)30
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- Coroner asks for grand jury in Poplar Bluff fatal hit-and-run case (06/28/16)
- Four men accused of roles in three robberies (06/29/16)3
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Cape detective who helped solve Krajcir case is retiring (06/28/16)8
- Police: Cape man kidnapped woman, then raped, assaulted her (06/30/16)4
MURPHYSBORO, Ill. -- Gregory Scott Hanson, 58, of Murphysboro died Thursday, May 12, 2011, at Memorial Hospital of Carbondale, Ill.
He was born June 29, 1952, in Robinson, Ill., son to Harry Don and Lois E. Elliott Hanson. He was united in marriage to Paula LeForge April 27, 1984, in Murphysboro.
Gregory was Methodist. He was a process control technician at Spartan Light Metals in Sparta, Ill. He was a former member of Boy Scouts of America and was an Eagle Scout.
Visitation will be from 4 p.m. to service time Monday at Crawshaw Funeral Home in Murphysboro.
The funeral will be at 7 p.m. Monday at the funeral home. Peggy Camp will officiate.
Memorials are encouraged and may be made to the American Heart Association or to Crimson Express Band at Murphysboro High School. Memorial contributions will be accepted at the funeral home.
Survivors include his wife, Paula Hanson of Murphysboro; his mother, Lois Hanson of Robinson; four daughters, Cassandra Hanson of Delta, Rebekka Nicole Hanson, Casey Jo Hanson, Kari Elizabeth Hanson and fiance Aaron Ice, all of Murphysboro; a son, Derek Scott Hanson of Wolf Lake, Ill.; a granddaughter, Harley Nichole Tillison; two brothers and a sister-in-law, Michael Don and Denise Hanson of Anna, Ill., Jeffrey L. Hanson of Robinson; several nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his father, Harry Don Hanson.
To send a condolence or for additional information, visit www.crawshawfuneralhome.com.