- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)25
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
Speak Out 5/16/11
HAS anybody thought about the wildlife that was killed during this flooding, let alone the people on the Missouri side who are now without homes, barns, animals and a livelihood? The people they hired are without jobs. All for Cairo, Ill. Cairo, a town that was already underwater.
AFTER the recent weeks of volatile weather, do you really think putting tax money into bike trails and playground equipment at the city parks is more important than putting tornado sirens all over the city so that everyone can hear them? Speak up and tell your city council members and mayor what is really important.
I feel like we're being gouged at the gas pumps. So I'm hanging up my car keys, and I'm doing a lot of walking and bicycling. Everybody join in and maybe they'll get the message and take that crazy price down a little bit.
God bless you
I want to thank the lady who found my purse in the cart outside of Walmart and returned it. She didn't leave her name, but it was raining that day and I was in a hurry to get my groceries in the car and left the cart with my purse in it. My husband wasn't well, so I had to hurry and try to pick him up and get out of the rain. But she turned it in, and I thank God for her. God bless you for finding my purse.
I'M sure the Republicans are digging deep now to start another rumor about Obama. We voted for him. He is our President. We need to support him. All this juvenile talk is anti-American and only hurting us.