- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Eldorado Resorts to buy Isle of Capri Casinos (9/20/16)7
- Community helps Jackson family with two cases of muscular dystrophy (9/19/16)
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)7
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
- Man convicted of Perryville convenience-store heist (9/21/16)
Leaderships Cape, Jackson
Participants in the Cape Girardeau Area Chamber of Commerce's Leadership Cape program presented their group projects at this month's First Friday Coffee.
This year's proposed projects were a free citywide Wi-Fi connection; a patient lodging facility for family members to stay while their loved ones are in the hospital; a regional event highlighting cuisine, art and music; a destination website for the city; and a summer theater festival.
Leadership Cape, which has trained emerging leaders since 1985, offers an opportunity for individuals to learn about the city's operations and needs, hear from a variety of key leaders in the community, and explore some industries in the community.
Now in its fourth year, Leadership Jackson -- a Jackson Chamber of Commerce initiative -- is also training individuals and giving them insight into the city's education, government and law enforcement operations as well as some industries.
Leadership Cape begins recruiting prospective participants in October and the program runs from January through July. To learn more about the program or for consideration, contact Tracey Glenn at 335-3312. The Leadership Jackson recruitment process begins in December and the program runs from February through September. Those interested in Leadership Jackson should contact Brian Gerau at 243-8131.
If you would like to enhance your leadership abilities and learn more about Cape Girardeau and Jackson, consider applying to participate in one or both programs. These two fine programs give great insight into their respective city's operations and key industries, making for more informed and effective leaders in our communities.