- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)36
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Schlimpert - 65 Years
Mr. and Mrs. Clarence Schlimpert of Jackson celebrated their 65th wedding anniversary with an open house April 23, 2011, at Trinity Lutheran Hall in Shawneetown.
Schlimpert and Wilma Lange were married April 21, 1946, at Immanuel Lutheran Church in Tilsit, by the Rev. H.J. Strickert. Their attendants were Berniece Schlimpert and Edgar Lorenz.
The couple has two children, Brenda McCowan of Cape Girardeau and Rod Schlimpert of Mineral Point, Wis. They have two grandchildren, Michael and Jeffrey McCowan of St. Louis.