- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)32
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Authorities searching for missing Florida woman
CARUTHERSVILLE, Mo. (AP) -- Authorities in Southeast Missouri have been searching for a 24-year-old Florida woman last reported seen in a partially flooded field.
The Pemiscot County Sheriff's Department said friends reported Samantha Donaghy of Jupiter, Fla., missing Sunday.
Lt. Ryan Holder said a resident reported seeing a woman matching Donaghy's description near a home in a partially flooded farm field. Authorities searched the area and dragged the field and a drainage ditch Sunday, but did not find anything.
The region has been dealing with massive flooding recently along the Mississippi River.
Holder said authorities don't suspect foul play. He said Donaghy was in the area visiting friends and had been drinking.
He said it's possible she left in a vehicle because the area she was seen was close to U.S. Interstate 55.