- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Goodman - Essner
Malerie Phillips Goodman and Brent Michael Essner were united in marriage Oct. 2, 2010, at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Jackson. The Rev. Gary Hoffstetter of Christ Lutheran Church in Gordonville performed the ceremony. Readers were Cindy Seyer of Jackson and Christy Phillips of St. Louis, godmothers of the bride, and Donna Scherer of Kelso, Mo., godmother of the groom. Organist was Matt Palisch and vocalist was Robyn Hosp.
Parents of the couple are Tim and Cathy Goodman of Jackson, and Dennis and Becky Essner of Kelso.
Spencer Goodman was his sister's best man, and matron of honor was Emily Schmitz of St. Louis. Bridesmaids were Jennifer Ferrell of St. Louis; Liz Haas of Carterville, Ill.; Chelsea Vaughn of St. Louis; Kelsey Seyer, cousin of the bride, and Ashley Holloway, both of Jackson.
The groom chose his brother, Blake Essner, as best man. Groomsmen were Dave Seckman of Milwaukee, Wis., Brooks Clark of Kelso, Jeff Stegman of Kansas City, Mo., and Jason Barclay of Fayetteville, Ark. Ushers were Tim McKay, Mark Schmitz and Kean Barclay of St. Louis, and Scott Wittenborn of Columbia, Mo.
Flower girl and ringbearer were Lucy and Owen Jewell, cousins of the groom. They are the children of Chris and Christine Jewell of Naperville, Ill.
Candlelighters were Clare Seyer and Christina Scherer. Clare is the daughter of Mike and Cindy Seyer of Jackson and cousin of the bride. Christina is the daughter of Chris and Donna Scherer of Kelso and cousin of the groom.
Guest book attendants were Kasie and Keri Essner of Cape Girardeau, cousins of the groom.
The reception was held at Bavarian Halle.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner Oct. 1 at Kimbeland Country Club.
Mrs. Essner is a 2004 graduate of Jackson High School. She received a bachelor's degree in exercise science and a doctoral degree in physical therapy from St. Louis University. She is a physical therapist at Sikeston Rehab.
The groom is a 2002 graduate of Notre Dame Regional High School. He received a master's degree in occupational therapy from Maryville University. He is an occupational therapist at Saint Francis Medical Center.
After a wedding trip to Riviera Maya, Mexico, the couple is residing in Cape Girardeau.