- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Essner - Scroggins
Renee Catherine Essner and Matthew Ryan Scroggins were married July 17, 2010, at St. Augustine Church in Kelso, Mo. The Rev. Oliver Clavin performed the ceremony. Organist was Hope Essner of Kelso. Vocalists were Roger Seyer of New York, Teresa Givens of Cape Girardeau, and Amanda Houp of Willard, Mo.
The bride is the daughter of Jerome and Bev Essner of Scott City. The groom is the son of Keith and Lisa Cole of St. Louis, and Randy and Jeana Scroggins of Ash Grove, Mo.
Matron of honor was Amy Mattes of Kelso, sister of the bride. Bridesmaids were Amanda Scroggins of Ash Grove, sister of the groom; Sarah Essner of St. Louis and Melissa Essner of Dubuque, Iowa, sisters-in-law of the bride; Taylor Seyer and Amanda Essner of Kelso, cousins of the bride.
Justin Cole of St. Louis was his brother's best man. Groomsmen were Austin Houp of Willard, brother of the groom; Scott Essner of St. Louis, Neal Essner of Dubuque, and Kyle Essner of Kelso, brothers of the bride; and Ryan Mattes of Kelso, brother-in-law of the bride. Ushers were Michael Schwartzkopf, cousin of the groom, and Lee Essner, cousin of the bride, both of St. Louis.
Candlelighters were Lindsay and Alex Schwartzkopf of St. Louis, cousins of the groom.
Flower girl was Nicole Mattes, and ringbearers were Dominic and Kelly Mattes, niece and nephews of the bride. They are the children of Ryan and Amy Mattes.
The reception was held at the Knights of Columbus Hall in Scott City.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner July 16 at St. Augustine gymnasium.
Mrs. Scroggins received a bachelor's degree in education in 2008. She is a third grade teacher at St. Augustine School.
The groom received a bachelor's degree in criminal justice in 2009, and graduated from Southeast Missouri State University Law Enforcement Academy in 2010. He is employed by Bootheel Counseling Services.
After a wedding trip to Playa del Carmen, Mexico, the couple is residing in Kelso.