- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- Sands Pancake House moving to Morgan Oak location (8/11/17)1
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Cape movie theater to feature recliners, new food and drink options (8/11/17)3
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
Congratulations, wind symphony
Dear Jackson High School 2011 Wind Symphony seniors and Wind Symphony members: I wanted to extend to you a most sincere thank you for ending my 31 year teaching career on a high note at our recent concert held May 3 at the JHS events center. I could not have asked for a better send-off than that concert. What a great way to go out.
The seniors are the true backbone of any band program, and you are one of the main reasons why our band program is the best. The Jackson Band Ensembles, Wind Symphony, Symphonic Band, Freshman Band, Percussion Ensemble, Woodwind Choir and Brass Choir all received the No. 1 superior rating at the 2011 state music festival, and was the only school in Missouri to enter six large band ensembles and to have all six receive the No. 1 superior rating. That is a true testament of our senior leadership, work ethic and being positive role models for our younger band members. I will always remember what a class act the 2011 JHS Wind Symphony seniors were, and I am sure you will continue to be throughout the rest of your life.
Best wishes and good luck to the 2011 JHS Wind Symphony seniors: Krissie Daniel, John East, Caden Gordon, Samantha Hadden, Todd Heuring, Austin Koenig, Michelle Maevers, Ashley Mann, Brett Nagel, Ann Strickert, Jordan Thomas and Tyler Tuschhoff.
SCOTT VANGILDER, Jackson Band director, Jackson