- Say Cheese: The story behind the famous sandwiches at the East Perry Fair (9/22/17)
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- Anne Limbaugh dies, leaves legacy of caring (9/22/17)
- New boutique store advocates for special-needs people (9/19/17)
- Former football players provide leadership training at middle school (9/24/17)
- Cape Girardeau native Jessica Johnston to compete as castaway on 'Survivor' season 35 (9/24/17)
- New businesses popping up all over Cape Girardeau (9/24/17)
- Former major-league slugger Darryl Strawberry to speak at La Croix (9/20/17)
- Mo. conservation agents help fight fires in western U.S. (9/15/17)
- Young entrepreneurs add fresh ideas, unique offerings for area market (9/18/17)
Grand Opening of Whitney's Creations
CAPE GIRARDEAU, MO; MAY 15, 2011: Whitney Bramlett, 17, of Cape Girardeau, MO has opened a new online store, www.whitneyscreations.com. Ms. Bramlett hand makes hair clips, headbands, custom designed picture frames and other products catering to young women and teenagers and donates 20% of her sales to charities that fight human trafficking. According to the International Labor Organization, an estimated 2.5 million people are in forced labor (including sexual exploitation) at any given time as a result of trafficking. Most of these victims are women between 18 to 24 years old.
Whitney's Creations was started to raise awareness to the horrors of human trafficking and to provide a means to support charities like Project Rescue that work directly to fight human trafficking across the globe as well as here in the United States. For more information visit www.whitneyscreations.com.