- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)7
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)15
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)2
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
Grand Opening of Whitney's Creations
CAPE GIRARDEAU, MO; MAY 15, 2011: Whitney Bramlett, 17, of Cape Girardeau, MO has opened a new online store, www.whitneyscreations.com. Ms. Bramlett hand makes hair clips, headbands, custom designed picture frames and other products catering to young women and teenagers and donates 20% of her sales to charities that fight human trafficking. According to the International Labor Organization, an estimated 2.5 million people are in forced labor (including sexual exploitation) at any given time as a result of trafficking. Most of these victims are women between 18 to 24 years old.
Whitney's Creations was started to raise awareness to the horrors of human trafficking and to provide a means to support charities like Project Rescue that work directly to fight human trafficking across the globe as well as here in the United States. For more information visit www.whitneyscreations.com.