The oath of office was administered to two newly elected officials to the Jackson Board of Aldermen at their Monday night meeting.
Wanda Young, who replaces Phil Penzel of Ward 1, and Tom Kimbel, who replaces Dale Rauh of Ward 4, were sworn in following a brief celebratory reception.
Honorary awards were given to Penzel and Rauh by Jackson Mayor Barbara Lohr for their service while on the board of aldermen. Both Penzel and Rauh chose not to run for re-election.
"The two that are leaving just have wonderful characteristics that have really added to our board," Lohr said. "Our new members have shown real interest and enthusiasm, which I think will really help our board."
* A resolution was approved that stated the city's intent to seek funding through the Community Development Block Grant Program and authorizing the Mayor to pursue activities in an attempt to secure funding to assist a local company.
* A motion passed approving Task Order Authorization No. 11-05, to Barnes, Henry, Meisenheimer and Gende Inc. of Arnold, Mo., for $68,800, regarding providing engineering services under the Power Plant Diesel Emission Catalyst Project, phase two.
* A motion passed approving Addendum No. 1 to Task Order Authorization No. 08-13, to Koehler Engineering and Land Surveying Inc. of Cape Girardeau for an increase of $11,190.50, regarding providing construction and administrative services under the McKendree Hills Sanitary Sewer District Project.
* An ordinance passed approving the Engineer's Final Report; authorizing a levy of special assessments for a system of sanitary sewers in the McKendree Hills Sanitary Sewer District in Jackson and authorizing the issuance of tax bills therefore.
* An ordinance passed amending Chapter 41, of the Code of Ordinances, relative to Budget/Level Billing for eligible customers.
* An ordinance passed amending Chapter 3 of the Code of Ordinances, regarding cooperative purchasing.
* An ordinance passed authorizing a contractual agreement with Brooks Moore and accepting a general warranty deed for the property addressed as 810 Emma St.
* An ordinance passed to change the name of the street identified as Zschille Road to Harmony Lane.
* An ordinance passed amending the "Parking Prohibited At All Times on Certain Streets Schedule -- Schedule IX," by repealing and adding designations on Whetstone Way, Winesap Drive and Zschille Road.
* An ordinance passed approving the minor plat of A Resubdivision of Lot 12 of Parkview Terrace Subdivision, Phase II, as submitted by Donald Ray Conrad and Marilyn Lou Conrad.
101 Court St., Jackson, MO