- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
People on the move 5/2/11
Hinkle named project manager
Old Town Cape has hired Nicholle Hinkle as project manager. Hinkle has a bachelor's degree in mass communication from Southeast Missouri State University with an emphasis in public relations. As project manager, Hinkle will be mainly responsible for coordinating events and special projects, working with volunteers and managing Old Town Cape's online community. Hinkle worked as a public relations intern at Old Town Cape during the summer of 2010 and has been an active volunteer on the organization's promotions committee since her internship. She started her position at Old Town Cape on April 14.
Horgan promoted to president
John Horgan has been named president of Cape Electrical Supply. Horgan, who previously worked as the company's chief financial officer, will assume responsibility for all of the company's operations. Allen Toole, vice chairman of Cape Electric, will now focus exclusively on potential acquisitions and new market opportunities. Cape Electric is opening its 23rd store with its recent entry into the Houston market. "The combination of a very healthy Texas economy coupled with the recent relocation of several of our national account customer contacts makes it very attractive to have a stocking location and sales presence in Houston," Toole said. Cape Electrical, headquartered in Cape Girardeau, is a regional distributor of electrical and communication products serving commercial, industrial and residential contractors, as well as industrial, utility, and retail customers. The Company currently has 185 employees and operates 23 distribution and retail locations in seven states including Missouri, Illinois, Kentucky, Tennessee, Indiana, Arkansas and Texas.