- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/01/16)
Cape Girardeau City Council agenda 5/2/11
401 Independence St.
Study session, 5 p.m. today
Meeting, 7 p.m. today
Items for discussion
* Planning and Zoning Commission Report, Bill Hinckley
* Appearances regarding items not on the agenda
* Agenda review
* Presentation for the retirement of Marilyn Klipfel
* Presentation by Lori Ann Kinder, Arts Council of Southeast Missouri
* Proclamation for Local Government Week
* A public hearing regarding the request of Drury Southwest Signs and First Missouri State Bank of Cape County for a special-use permit for a billboard to be located on the property at 800 N. Kingshighway.
* An ordinance accepting permanent utility easements and a permanent utility and access easement from various property owners for the Cougar Run water line project. Second and third readings.
* An ordinance approving the record plat of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic School Subdivision. Second and third readings.
* An ordinance approving the record plat of Cypress Valley Estates Subdivision. Second and third readings.
* An ordinance approving the record plat of Tipton Subdivision. Second and third readings.
* An ordinance amending Section 17-158 of the Code of Ordinances relating to outdoor music venue permits, and exceptions to Section 17-156, noise control; definitions, and Section 17-157, prohibited acts. Second and third readings.
* A resolution authorizing the city manager to execute an airport ground lease with First Missouri Terminals at the Cape Girardeau Regional Airport. Reading and passage.
* A resolution authorizing the city manager to execute a license and indemnity agreement with IOC Cape Girardeau LLC for the installation of a video camera. Reading and passage.
* A resolution authorizing the city manager to execute amendment No. 3 to an agreement for professional architectural and engineering services with Markey and Associates Inc. for the Capaha Park master plan. Reading and passage.
* A motion accepting the Fire Station No. 1 roof improvements and authorizing final payment to Drury Co.
* An ordinance repealing and enacting new sections of Chapter 25 of the code of ordinances, regarding streets, access management, utilities, subdivisions, site plans and improvements plans. First reading.
* An ordinance authorizing the mayor to execute a quitclaim deed to RAD Properties LLC, transferring excess right-of-way for Armstrong Drive. First reading.
* An ordinance approving the record plat of Plaza Acres second subdivision. First reading.
* An ordinance amending Schedule F of Section 26-247 of the city code, by establishing a no-parking zone on Independence Street from Frederick Street to Middle Street. First reading.
* An ordinance granting a special-use permit to First Missouri State Bank of Cape County and Drury Southwest Signs Inc., for purposes of constructing, maintaining and operating a billboard sign at 800 N. Kingshighway. First reading.
* An ordinance accepting fee simple interest from Saint Francis Medical Center and Saint Francis Health Care System for Franciscan Way entrance improvements at Mount Auburn Road. First reading.
* An ordinance accepting fee simple interest, permanent utility easements and temporary construction easements from various property owners for the realignment of North Main Street. First reading.
* An ordinance providing for the vacation of portions of Main Street, Mill Street and Mason Street rights-of-way within the IOC Development District. First reading.
* An ordinance amending Chapter 5 of the code of ordinances regarding liquor licenses. First reading.
* An ordinance vacating the city's interest in a portion of unimproved street right-of-way, on Frederick Street, between Mason Street and Olive Street. First reading.