- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Cairo man charged with murder in East Cape shooting
EAST CAPE GIRARDEAU, Ill. -- A Cairo, Ill., man has been charged with murder in the shooting death of an Oklahoma City man that took place in an East Cape Girardeau strip club early Saturday morning.
The Illinois State Police responded just after 3 a.m. Saturday to a report of a shooting at the Pink Pony in which a person had been killed, according to a news release. Police said a suspect, Brandon Lowe, 31, of Cairo, had been arrested and charged with murder. Also arrested was Lowe's brother, Bryant Lowe, 37, of Homewood, Ill., who was charged with obstructing justice, unlawful use of a weapon and aggravated reckless conduct.
A manager at the Pony Sunday night said she had no comment on the incident, such as whether the shooting happened inside or outside the club.
An owner was expected in today.
The manager did say the business was cooperating with any police investigation.
The investigation is continuing, police said.