- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Southeast's Moses earns OVC, national honors after huge week
Trenton Moses has been recognized nationally and by the Ohio Valley Conference on Monday for a monster week.
Moses, Southeast Missouri State's junior third baseman from Advance, was named Louisville Slugger national player of the week and the OVC player of the week.
Moses picked up his second OVC player of the week award this season after hitting .778 (7 for 9) with four home runs, a double, six runs scored and 11 RBIs in three games last week.
Moses had a 2.222 slugging percentage and an .833 on-base percentage as he reached base during 10 of 12 plate appearances, including three walks.
The big week by Moses included two homers and six runs batted in during Tuesday's win over Arkansas State. He tied a career high for RBIs set the previous week. He also homered twice during Friday's doubleheader split against Jacksonville State.
Moses is fourth in the OVC with a .382 batting average, is tied for third with eight homers and is tied for first with 39 RBIs.
"He's just having a tremendous season," Southeast coach Mark Hogan said.
-- From staff report