- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)3
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)5
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)16
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)20
Southeast Missouri State baseball team splits pair with Jacksonville State
Southeast Missouri State and Jacksonville State split Friday's Ohio Valley Conference doubleheader.
The Redhawks took the opener 9-8 and the Gamecocks claimed the seven-inning nightcap 5-2, breaking Southeast's eight-game winning streak.
Southeast is 24-15 overall and 8-5 in OVC play while JSU is 25-14 and 8-6.
The Redhawks entered play tied for first in the OVC with Austin Peay but fell percentage points behind the Governors, who are 7-4 in league play and do not have a conference series this weekend.
Southeast and JSU conclude their three-game series at 1 p.m. Saturday.