- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Violet M. Walker, 98, of Cape Girardeau died Friday, April 22, 2011, at Southeast Hospital.
She was born Nov. 16, 1912, in Moran, Mich., to Paul and Mabel Davis Luepnitz. She married Bill Walker.
Survivors include three grandsons, Bill (Debbie) Hasty of Waterloo, Ill., Tim (Linda) Hasty of Louisville, Ky., Richy Hasty of Granite City, Ill.; a granddaughter, Sherry Hasty of Granite City, Ill.; five great-grandchildren, Tabitha Royer of Rushville, Ill., Brandy Hasty of O'Fallon, Ill., Angeline and Lacie Hasty of West Frankfort, Ill., Timothy Aaron Hasty of Louisville; four great-great-grandchildren, Brinnley, Haylee and Camdyn Royer, Emily Grace Reeves; and other relatives and friends.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband; a daughter, Grace Hasty; a sister, Marjorie Johnson; a brother, Willard Walker; and a great-grandson, Christopher Hasty.
Visitation will be from 11 a.m. until time of service Monday at Crain Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Monday at the funeral home, with Tim Hasty officiating. Interment will be in Lorimier Cemetery.
To leave online condolences, please visit www.crainsonline.com.