- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)32
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
John G. Sparkman, 46, of St. Louis passed away unexpectedly Tuesday, April 19, 2011, in St. Louis.
He was born Dec. 13, 1964, in Cape Girardeau, to Mary and Glenn Sparkman. He and Christie Barker were married in 1996.
John graduated from Central High School and Southeast Missouri State University with a bachelor of science degree in business administration.
His work history in St. Louis included material systems analyst at Sigma-Aldrich Chemical Co., sales representative at American Design Group Inc. and warehouse manager at Meridian Electric Co.
John was confirmed at Centenary United Methodist Church and maintained his membership there. John was a kind, generous and considerate person who was especially attentive the last two years in caring for his mother. He enjoyed attending the St. Louis Cardinals, Rams and Blues games. Many enjoyable hours were spent roller blading, exercising and bicycling.
John treasured his friends and enjoyed traveling extensively with them. Many friends have commented favorably about John on Facebook and have related anecdotes about their activities together.
Loving survivors include his mother, Mary Sparkman of St. Louis; a brother, Greg (Lisa) Sparkman of Gordonville; and a sister, Teresa (Manuel) Reyna of Chicago.
Nieces and nephews include Garrett Sparkman and Kaci Jo Sparkman of Gordonville, and Tatum and Jesse Dalton of Chicago. Great-nieces and nephews are Colter James Dean Sparkman of Gordonville and Ella Ann Sparkman of Cape Girardeau. Cousins are Kendall Sparkman of Miami, Fla., and Randall (Laura) Sparkman and their children, Sumner and Blake Sparkman of Cape Girardeau.
John was preceded in death by his father, Glenn Sparkman; a brother, Stephen Sparkman; grandparents Al and Gladys Sanders, and Thomas and Gertrude Sparkman.
Friends may call 4 to 8 p.m. Monday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Chapel in Cape Girardeau.
The funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at the chapel, with the Rev Jeff Long officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park in Cape Girardeau.
Memorial contributions may be given to Shriners Children's Hospital.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.