- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)23
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
McCLURE, Ill. -- Marcella C. Seyer, 89, of McClure passed away Monday, April 18, 2011, at Southeast Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Aug. 24, 1921, in New Hamburg, Mo., to Theodore and Anna Grojean Goetz Sr. She married Robert Ponder, who preceded her in death in 1950. She then married Mark Seyer, who preceded her in 2005.
Survivors include a daughter, Mary Kay Ponder Wyss of St. Louis, and four grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents and a brother.
Friends may call from 10 a.m. to noon Monday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau.
There will be no service.
A private entombment will follow at Cape County Memorial Park Mausoleum in Cape Girardeau.
In lieu of flowers the family would like all memorial contributions to go to the Humane Society of Southeast Missouri, 2536 Boutin Drive, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.