- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)31
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Dorothy S. East, 83, of Cape Girardeau died Wednesday, April 20, 2011, at Saint Francis Medical Center.
She was born Sept. 23, 1927, in Houston, daughter of William Lacey and Dora Crites Ladd. She and John J. East Jr. were married July 31, 1947, in Cape Girardeau. He died Sept. 18, 2004.
Dorothy had worked at Seabaugh Clinic, Petite N' Orleans, Doctors Park Family Physicians and Drury Southwest. She was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church and St. Vincent's Council of Catholic Women.
Survivors include four sons, William "Bill" East and wife Judy of Cleveland, John J. East of Jackson, Rick East and wife Becky of Cape Girardeau, Stephen East and wife Becky of St. Charles, Mo.; three daughters, Barbara Glueck and husband Kevin of Kelso, Mo., Karen Altenthal and husband Brad of Cape Girardeau, Mary Boeller and husband Keith of Cape Girardeau; a daughter-in-law, Pam East of Cape Girardeau; a brother, Alan Ladd of Galva, Kan.; 23 grandchildren; and 28 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, William and Dora Ladd; husband, John J. East Jr.; two sons, Roger and David East; and two sisters.
Friends may call 4 to 8 p.m. Monday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home. Parish prayers will be at 7.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at St. Vincent de Paul Church, with the Revs. David Hulshof and Rick Valleroy officiating. Burial will be in St. Mary's Cemetery.
Memorial contributions may be given to American Cancer Society.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.