- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Imogene Mayberry, 88, of Cape Girardeau died Thursday, April 21, 2011, at the home of her daughter.
She was born July 30, 1922, in Canalou, Mo., to Homer and Grace Vandergriff Davis. She and Walter R. Mayberry were married June 20, 1938, at Bloomfield, Mo. He died Feb. 10, 1987.
Mayberry was a member of Cape Girardeau Church of Christ.
Survivors include a son, Ed (Mary Ann) Mayberry of Pittsburg, Kan.; seven daughters, Betty (James) Carroll, Wanda (Brad, deceased) Lyle and Patsy (Ron) Beasley, all of Cape Girardeau, Linda (Charles) Brooks of Fredericktown, Mo., Wilma (Joe) Popp of Marion, Iowa, Brenda Mayberry of St. Louis, Vickie (Mike) Stout of Springfield, Ill.; 16 grandchildren; 28 great-grandchildren; several great-great-grandchildren; and a half-brother Bill Davis of Scott City.
She was preceded in death by her parents; stepfather, Frank Moore; husband; a brother, Alfred Davis; and a grandson, Randy Winder.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. Sunday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Chapel.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Monday at the chapel, with Elder Bill Meyer officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park.
Memorial contributions may be given to Crown Hospice or Paragould Children's Home in Paragould, Ark.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.