- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
High school roundup: Perryville baseball team's rally falls short at Dexter
The Perryville baseball team scored two runs in the top of the sixth inning, but it couldn't get over the hump in a 4-3 loss to host Dexter on Thursday.
Colby Brown suffered the loss on the mound.
WP -- Jordan Miller. LP -- Colby Brown. 2B -- Chase Young (D)
Scott County Central 12, Neelyville 2
The host Braves got a pair of doubles from Josh Boese in their six-inning win.
Scott County Central scored in all six innings.
WP -- Dustin Johnson. LP -- D. Spencer. 2B -- Spencer (N), Josh Boese 2 (SCC), Ben Freed (SCC). 3B -- Johnson (SCC).
Sikeston 5, Saxony Lutheran 1
The Crusaders gave up four goals in the final 14 minutes of play to fall on the road.
Lauren Hecht netted Saxony Lutheran's lone goal. Kristy Winter had the assist.
Bell City scored two runs in the bottom of the seventh but fell to Bernie in the championship game.
The Cubs committed seven errors and had five hits in the 9-5 loss.
Woodland scored 10 runs in the seventh inning to defeat Dexter 18-7 in the third-place game.
Amy McFarland was the winning pitcher and went 2 for 6 with a double at the plate.
Kathlyn Cooper was 3 for 6, while Josie Long went 2 for 5 for the Cardinals (8-5).
BERNIE 9, BELL CITY 5
WOODLAND 18, DEXTER 7
WP -- Amy McFarland. LP -- Stevenson. 2B -- McFarland (W), Marfin 2 (D). Multiple hits -- Woodland: McFarland 2-6, Kathlyn Cooper 3-6, Josie Long 2-5; Dexter: Marfin 2-4, Owens 2-3. Records -- Woodland 8-5.
Zalma 15, Oak Ridge 5
The Bulldogs scored eight runs in the first inning and cruised from there in the six-inning win.
Stefanie Slemmer and Taylor Whitehead both went 2 for 4 with a double for Zalma (4-3).
Slemmer struck out four and walked 11 in a winning effort.
Audrey Hunt had a double for Oak Ridge, while Crystal Zoellner took the loss in the circle.
WP -- Stefanie Slemmer, 4-2. LP -- Crystal Zoellner. 2B -- Taylor Whitehead (Z), Slemmer (Z), Audrey Hunt (OR). Multiple hits -- Zalma: Whitehead 2-4, Slemmer 2-4, Alisha Hendrix 2-2. Records -- Zalma 4-3.
-- From staff reports