- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Harbor Freight Tools plans to move ahead with Cape Girardeau store (12/5/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
- Sugarfire Cape barbecue restaurant to open June 2018 (12/7/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Business Notebook: Yule Log Cabin gets home feel honestly (12/4/17)
- Fruitland Army veteran spends weeks helping in ravaged Puerto Rico (12/5/17)2
Shaping tomorrow's leaders
National Volunteer Week -- the third week in April -- is set aside to recognize volunteers across the country. We in Girl Scouts of the Missouri Heartland celebrate April 22 as Girl Scout Leader's Day, a tribute to the Girl Scout troop leaders, service team members, board of directors members, trainers, voting representatives, program facilitators, committee and task force members, community partners, and United Way Day of Caring volunteers who help girls make the world a better place.
Providing a safe, effective and inspiring Girl Scout Leadership Experience to more than 14,000 girls across a 68-county jurisdiction requires an immense amount of support. Volunteers are the heart and soul of Girl Scouting, whether they have an hour, a day, a weekend, or more. The time and talent that our volunteers give ensures that our mission to build girls of courage, confidence and character is fulfilled. We are pleased and proud to recognize them on this day for their dedication year-round.
JENNIFER M. ORBAN, CEO, Girl Scouts of the Missouri Heartland, Cape Girardeau