- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Three vehicles crash at busy Cape Girardeau intersection
A three-vehicle accident at South Mount Auburn Road and William Street caused Cape Girardeau fire crews to extricate one victim Thursday.
The woman was uninjured, though, and no other motorists were injured in the crash that occurred around 4:40 p.m.
The woman said she was traveling south on Mount Auburn Road when her SUV was struck by a Pontiac Firebird.
"By the time I got through the light I was hit, turned over and spun around," she said.
A witness on the scene said the driver of the Firebird, traveling west on William Street, ran the red light. Police at the scene did not confirm that was how the accident occurred.
A third vehicle, a Ford F-150 truck, was struck when the SUV overturned on its side.
South Mount Auburn Road, Cape Girardeau, MO