- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
National Weather Service confirms weak Friday tornado at Chaffee
The National Weather Service in Paducah, Ky., confirmed Tuesday that a tornado touched down in Chaffee, Mo., Friday, damaging a mobile home and a shed.
It was a brief touchdown, according to meteorologist Robin Smith, who called it an EF-0, when winds are moving more slowly than 90 miles an hour. The weather service initially got reports of a funnel cloud sighted just before 5 p.m. Friday, but photographs and video confirmed the tornado touched down.
The weather service also received reports of a touchdown in Kelso, Mo., but have not confirmed the report.
The same storm also dropped golf ball-size hail in Scott City and downtown Cape Girardeau.