- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Walther - 65 years
Mr. and Mrs. Albert Walther of Jackson celebrated their 65th wedding anniversary with a dinner at Jackson Senior Center Feb. 27, 2011.
Hosts were the Walthers, their children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
Walther and Aleen Willa were married Feb. 24, 1946, at St. John's Evangelical Church in Fruitland, by the Rev. Joseph Mayer.
Their attendants were Nelda McMurtry of Fenton, Mo., and the late Ervin Voges.
The Walthers have farmed in the Fruitland area 65 years.
They have four sons, Richard (Carolyn) Walther, Roy Walther, Ronald (Pam) Walther, all of Jackson, and Ralph (Mary) Walther of Gordonville.
The couple has eight grandchildren, Alisha (Jamie) Curtis, Travis Walther, Ryan (Tina) and Jana Walther, Leann (Shannon) Stinson, Jason (Leslie), Jill and Josh Walther. There are four great-grandchildren, Ireland Curtis, Addyson, Jakoata and Jaylie Walther; and a great-stepgrandson, Trenton Curtis.