- Business notebook: Cape salon picked as one of nation's top 200 (4/17/17)
- Man out on bond for alleged molestation of boys charged with abusing girl (4/18/17)
- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)9
- New policy for semissourian.com online commentary: No pseudonyms (4/17/17)57
- Without city record, Marie Street residents on hook for thousands in sewer repairs (4/19/17)7
- Going the distance: Several locals participate in Boston Marathon (4/18/17)2
- City wants to put hold on shipping container houses for now (4/17/17)1
- Deputy: Man kicked, broke uncle's ribs after yard-work dispute (4/19/17)
- Cape councilman Bob Fox to run for mayor (4/21/17)4
- Scott County: M Kay Supply in Benton fills unique needs in community (4/14/17)
Civil War smallpox hospital
A child's pink shoe is the the foreground of a photo of one of Cape's oldest dwellings at 444 Washington.
The building was used, among other things, as a smallpox hospital during the Civil War. You can read more about the building's history at http://www.capecentralhigh.com/cape-phot...