- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)2
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)26
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)16
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
Childish ways of Congress
Congress reminds me of a bunch of children at the playground trying to decide who's it for hide-and-seek. America is in trouble if our members in Congress can't agree on a budget when we have skyrocketing gas prices at the pump, runaway inflation and jobs fleeing America as fast as Superman racing a speeding bullet.
First a Republican poses on television blaming the Democrat, then a Democrat takes the stage and blames a Republican. Seems all they can agree on is that the tea party is always wrong. This past election was supposed to bring a new change to America, but again we have been lied to.
The only change I want to see is less bickering and more positive accomplishments in Congress. The land of the free and the home of the brave was led by men and women of diversity, willing to compromise to build a more perfect union. We need that same spirit today in the face of the problems facing our nation.
DAVID D. McNEELY, Scott City