- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Jackson police describe night of anger, car crashes, drug possession by 18-year-old (1/22/17)5
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Local students to perform with choir at inauguration (1/19/17)3
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
- Comedian, cancer survivor Tom Green headlines sold-out Cancer Center benefit (1/22/17)
Childish ways of Congress
Congress reminds me of a bunch of children at the playground trying to decide who's it for hide-and-seek. America is in trouble if our members in Congress can't agree on a budget when we have skyrocketing gas prices at the pump, runaway inflation and jobs fleeing America as fast as Superman racing a speeding bullet.
First a Republican poses on television blaming the Democrat, then a Democrat takes the stage and blames a Republican. Seems all they can agree on is that the tea party is always wrong. This past election was supposed to bring a new change to America, but again we have been lied to.
The only change I want to see is less bickering and more positive accomplishments in Congress. The land of the free and the home of the brave was led by men and women of diversity, willing to compromise to build a more perfect union. We need that same spirit today in the face of the problems facing our nation.
DAVID D. McNEELY, Scott City