- Witness says he saw man shoot Domorlo McCaster (8/19/16)2
- Logan's Roadhouse in Cape not closing; Ruby Tuesday fate still unknown (8/17/16)
- Students move into new fraternity housing at Southeast Missouri State University (8/18/16)2
- Mom angry her autistic son was left on bus; he later was discovered at bus lot (8/16/16)15
- Cape man to serve at least 21 months in prison for food-stamp fraud (8/16/16)5
- Southeast imposes 'interim suspension' of Sigma Nu fraternity over vandalism incident (8/19/16)21
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Pitmasters to descend on Arena Park for Cape BBQ Fest (8/19/16)2
- Store dedicated solely to Pokemon products will open soon in Cape (8/16/16)1
- Gender-neutral restrooms now available at Southeast (8/18/16)38
Childish ways of Congress
Congress reminds me of a bunch of children at the playground trying to decide who's it for hide-and-seek. America is in trouble if our members in Congress can't agree on a budget when we have skyrocketing gas prices at the pump, runaway inflation and jobs fleeing America as fast as Superman racing a speeding bullet.
First a Republican poses on television blaming the Democrat, then a Democrat takes the stage and blames a Republican. Seems all they can agree on is that the tea party is always wrong. This past election was supposed to bring a new change to America, but again we have been lied to.
The only change I want to see is less bickering and more positive accomplishments in Congress. The land of the free and the home of the brave was led by men and women of diversity, willing to compromise to build a more perfect union. We need that same spirit today in the face of the problems facing our nation.
DAVID D. McNEELY, Scott City