- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)10
- Woman sleeping in car accused of attacking Cape officer (7/26/16)13
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Former Scott City mayor refutes claims made about loss of curbside recycling pickup (7/26/16)
- Burglary of trailer leaves its residents homeless (7/27/16)4
- Cape resident gets seven years in prison for shooting at man (7/26/16)1
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Foot plots provide habitats and nutrition to attract wildlife, grow populations (7/18/16)
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
Childish ways of Congress
Congress reminds me of a bunch of children at the playground trying to decide who's it for hide-and-seek. America is in trouble if our members in Congress can't agree on a budget when we have skyrocketing gas prices at the pump, runaway inflation and jobs fleeing America as fast as Superman racing a speeding bullet.
First a Republican poses on television blaming the Democrat, then a Democrat takes the stage and blames a Republican. Seems all they can agree on is that the tea party is always wrong. This past election was supposed to bring a new change to America, but again we have been lied to.
The only change I want to see is less bickering and more positive accomplishments in Congress. The land of the free and the home of the brave was led by men and women of diversity, willing to compromise to build a more perfect union. We need that same spirit today in the face of the problems facing our nation.
DAVID D. McNEELY, Scott City