- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)5
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
- Woman accused of pushing Wal-Mart employee after theft (9/27/16)
Childish ways of Congress
Congress reminds me of a bunch of children at the playground trying to decide who's it for hide-and-seek. America is in trouble if our members in Congress can't agree on a budget when we have skyrocketing gas prices at the pump, runaway inflation and jobs fleeing America as fast as Superman racing a speeding bullet.
First a Republican poses on television blaming the Democrat, then a Democrat takes the stage and blames a Republican. Seems all they can agree on is that the tea party is always wrong. This past election was supposed to bring a new change to America, but again we have been lied to.
The only change I want to see is less bickering and more positive accomplishments in Congress. The land of the free and the home of the brave was led by men and women of diversity, willing to compromise to build a more perfect union. We need that same spirit today in the face of the problems facing our nation.
DAVID D. McNEELY, Scott City