- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Cape, Jackson school boards to meet tonight
The Cape Girardeau and Jackson school boards meet tonight to elect officers, among other items on the agendas.
At a special meeting scheduled for 6 p.m., the Cape Girardeau School Board will elect a president and vice president for the next year, and appoint a board secretary and treasurer. Board members also will vote on bid packages for the Franklin Elementary School construction project, districtwide maintenance and the bid package for seating at the planned high school stadium.
The Jackson School Board, too, will chose a president and vice president, and appoint a secretary and treasurer. Other business includes an update and vote on the district's Title I Reading program. The board meets at 7 p.m.