- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Mississippi River Commission announces open houses
MEMPHIS, Tenn. -- The Mississippi River Commission (MRC) will conduct the Memphis District portion of its annual high-water inspection trip on the Mississippi River Monday and Tuesday.
Two public meetings have been scheduled aboard the Motor Vessel Mississippi in selected towns along the river so commission members have the opportunity to meet with local residents and hear their concerns, ideas and issues. The meeting places, dates and times are as follows:
* 9 a.m. Monday, Hickman, Ky., at Port of Hickman
* 9 a.m. Tuesday, Memphis, Tenn., at Mud Island
All meetings are open to the public. Local interests are invited to present their views and suggestions on matters affecting the water resources infrastructure needs in the valley, including flood control and the Mississippi River and Tributaries project, environmental issues, recreation and navigation.
The purpose of the public meetings is to maintain a dialogue and an exchange of viewpoints and ideas.
Port of Hickman, Hickman, KY
Mud Island, Memphis, TN