- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- Aslee Cook, 89, of Marble Hill died Thursday, March 31, 2011, at Woodland Care Facility in Marble Hill.
She was born Jan. 2, 1922, at Hurricane, Mo., daughter of David and Barbara Causey Long. She and the Rev. Grover Cleveland Cook were married March 25, 1939. He passed away Feb. 8, 2010.
Aslee was a nurse aide at Bond Nursing Home in Marble Hill, and was a cook at Ward Cafe several years. She was a member of Hurricane Fork General Baptist Church.
Survivors include a son, the Rev. Cecil (Velda) Cook of Edwardsville, Ill.; two daughters, Gladys (the Rev. Perry) Welker of Fenton, Mo., Naomi (Jim) Null of Marble Hill; nine grandchildren; 17 great-grandchildren; five great-stepgrandchildren; and a great-great-stepgrandchild.
She was preceded in death by her parents; two daughters, Betty Campbell and Norma Webb; 14 brothers, Edward, Elvin, Volley Calvin, Justin Ray, Henry Benjamin, John Ivan, Hubert, Cecil Earl, Leo Winfred, Woodrow Wilson, Jessie Lee, William Paul, Huey Franklin, Arzie Roosevelt; two sisters, Stella Kathryn and Esther Fay; and a granddaughter, Iris Null.
Visitation will be today from 4 to 8 p.m. at Liley Funeral Home in Marble Hill.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at Hurricane Fork General Baptist Church, with the Rev. Clint Cook officiating. Burial will be in Hurricane Fork Cemetery near Marble Hill.
Condolences may be left at www.lileyfuneralhomes.com.