- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
August - 50 Years
Mr. and Mrs. Douglas Gene August of Scott City celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary by renewing their vows March 11, 2011, at Eisleben Lutheran Church, with Rick Foss performing the ceremony.
Mrs. August was escorted by grandsons, Nick and Mitchell August, and the groom was escorted by son Trent August.
A dinner was hosted by Trent and Patti August of Cape Girardeau.
August and Velma Jane Krieger were married March 14, 1961, in Thebes, Ill. Their attendants were Mary Lee Krieger Holder and Everett Lee Holder, sister and brother-in-law of Mrs. August. The Holders attended the celebration.
The couple was blessed with two sons, Trent, and an angel in heaven, Gregg.