- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)22
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
101 Fun Things To Do: Fun things for a couple's night on the town
69. Memphis, Tenn. With 50 unique attractions, including music museums, art galleries, pro-sports arenas, Mississippi riverboat tours, the Memphis Zoo, voodoo shops and even downtown fortune tellers and palm readers, you don't have to look hard for quirky, fun, exciting things to do in Memphis.
70. One of the biggest high school rivalries in Southeast Missouri is the annual Cape Central vs. Jackson High School football game.
71. Watch a movie in old-fashioned drive-in style at Movies in the Park at Jackson City Park during the summer months – for free!
72. Local musicians perform on Friday nights throughout the summer during Tunes at Twilight. The concerts are held at the courthouse gazebo on Lorimier Street in downtown Cape Girardeau.
73. Southeast Missouri has a variety of challenging, well-designed golf courses. Dalhousie Golf Club, a Nicklaus Design course, was named the No. 1 golf course in Missouri in Golf Digest's rankings for 2007-08. The Jaycee Municipal Golf Course in Cape Girardeau underwent a $1.5 million renovation in 2009.
74. See a football game at Houck Stadium or check out basketball at the Show Me Center and cheer on Southeast Missouri State University athletics.
75. Paducah, Ky., 80 miles east of Cape Girardeau. The Lowertown Arts District, located in Paducah's oldest neighborhood, is home to the award-winning Artist Relocation Program. More visual arts can be found at Yeiser Art Center, Maiden Alley Cinema and other downtown venues.
76. Talent from around the world is showcased at the Show Me Center, including big-name performers such as Larry the Cable Guy in 2009, Jason Aldean in 2010 and Blake Shelton in 2011.
77. On weekends, speedways in Malden, Poplar Bluff and Sikeston offer a wide variety of races, including late model, super street, pure street, cruisers, four-cylinder, hobby and open wheel modified.
78. Enjoy the flavors of local vineyards, plus a variety of other activities from golf to wildlife, on wine trails throughout Southeast Missouri and Southern Illinois.
79. Enjoy a show at the River Campus in downtown Cape Girardeau. Southeast Missouri State University's arts campus offers great gallery exhibits, student productions and also big-name traveling performances.
80. New exhibits and the work of local and guest artists are shown at these monthly openings at First Friday art openings at galleries in downtown Cape Girardeau.
81. A variety of local dinner theater shows are held throughout the year in Cape Girardeau and Jackson, from comedies to dramas. Look for special events around holidays like Valentine's Day and Halloween.
82. Enjoy big-screen cinema in a nostalgic setting at classic drive-in movie theaters in Piedmont and Van Buren, Mo.