- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
101 Fun Things To Do: Fairs, events and more in Southeast Missouri
83. Fort D Days at Fort D Historic Site in Cape Girardeau offer Civil War re-enactments and other activities at the historic earthworks fort in south Cape Girardeau.
84. Southeast Missouri State University plays host to the talented artwork of area high school students at the High School Art Symposium each spring. Amazement over the abilities of the students is guaranteed.
85. Held every July, Jackson Homecomers is an annual tradition featuring nightly entertainment, contests, carnivals rides and more.
86. Join local civic organizations such as the Lion's Club and Optimists in raising money for charity by purchasing tickets for chili, spaghetti and pancake fundraisers each year. Music and other entertainment are provided.
87. Hundreds of residents join forces every Memorial Day weekend for the 100-mile yard sale that stretches more than 100 miles along Highway 25 throughout Southeast Missouri.
88. Way of the Cross in downtown Cape Girardeau is an annual Good Friday celebration that re-enacts the 14 stations of the cross.
89. A longstanding tradition held in September in Southeast Missouri, the SEMO District Fair is a weeklong fair featuring agricultural exhibitions, a carnival, nightly entertainment and a wide variety of food.
90. Empty Bowls is a national not-for-profit organization that raises money to fund local food banks by selling a small meal and giving away a handmade bowl with every ticket to its dinner in the fall. You can help by volunteering to paint bowls or attend the banquet.
91. Tour some of downtown Cape Girardeau's most beautiful and unique homes and gardens at the Downtown Historic Home & Garden Tour, set for May 7 this year.
92. Old Greenville Days is always held on the third weekend in September. It consist of arts and crafts displays, live bluegrass, gospel and country music, civil war and rendezvous encampments. It is done in partnership with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and other local businesses and organizations.
93. See some true class acts as students showcase their drama abilities in theater productions at local high schools.
94. BBQ teams compete in the Annual Jaycees BBQ Fest sanctioned by the Kansas City Barbeque Society. The event raises money for the local Toybox program. Held at Arena Park in Cape Girardeau.
95. mda's heartland muscle walk is an annual spring fundraiser for children and adults affected by muscular dystrophy. The event includes an opening ceremony, silent auction, games for children and informational booths sponsored by local businesses and more. The location changes each year; the 2010 walk was held in Cape Girardeau's West Park Mall.
96. Every September, the East Perry County Fair in Altenburg, Mo., hosts a famous mule-jumping competition and much more.
97. Kenny Rogers Children's Center Annual Telethon, in Sikeston, Mo., features performances as a fundraiser for children with special needs.
98. Artscape is a family oriented community arts festival held every May at Capaha Park in Cape Girardeau.
99. BARK IN THE PARK FUNDRAISER, benefitting the Humane Society of Southeast Missouri, is an annual picnic event held in the late summer/early fall at Capaha Park in Cape Girardeau.
100. Annual Dogwood-Azalea Festival, in Charleston, Mo. Tour the six-mile Dogwood-Azalea Trail when Charleston glows with the beauty of magnificent dogwoods and azaleas at peak bloom. Held every April.
101. The BOLLINGER COUNTY FAIR offers three days of food, contests, music, carnival rides, a car show, horse acts and more. This year's fair is set for Sept. 29, Sept. 30 and Oct. 1.